Saturday 6 April 2013

My Mac History.

40mm f/2.8 1/200 ISO1600 by AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G



























As you expected, I will post this. Yes, about my new Mac!!

This is my..... ok let me count how many macs I have had before.

Pre Mac era.
I had a 500,000 yen Windows 3.1 PC, which was the final and most influential birthday gift from my father. If I had not had this wintel pc, I would not have had lots of PCs! At that time, my father probably struggled the new IT era, and he did not use a PC at all, which was a very big handicap in the office. He thought, "I will not make my son(me) feel the same thing when he grows."

So, he bought a very expensive PC and I used it as a Nintendo Super Famicon (SNES) monitor. I didn't know how to use that expensive machine but day by day I started to learn how to use it.

However, the speed of the tech improvement was not gradual at that time. One year was very good enough to make one computer retired. So my computer was obsolete so quickly. It took 30 seconds to launch Netscape Navigator 4.0 or Internet Explorer 3.2.

Also, I had a very good friend who was crazy enough to talk about Mac every single minute. Mac Mac Mac... so I was very influenced by him.

iMac (1998)
All of you can agree this new mac is a milestone of Apple, and as much as my mac life. I made a smart loan to buy the bondi blue iMac and started my mac life. I vividly remember there were so many boxes for iMac piled up in the center of a T-Zone, which was a local authorized retailer for iMac. They didn't give us any discount for it because the new Apple was very strict. the Power PC G3 processor desktop is 207,800 yen, including 128MB RAM. My heart was just as swaying as my father's car on our way back home. When I recall my mac life, it was the happiest moment.

PowerBook G4 500 (2001)
"Someday PowerBook." Many Mac evangelists say that they wish to sit behind the black desk that is very large only with a PowerBook. It sounds gorgeous, isn't it!? I decided to bring a mac to the office and to my new home in Singapore, so I made another loan to buy PowerBook G4. It was a second-handed but it was very beautiful.

PowerBook G4 867 (2003?)
I loved PBG4, so my new Mac was again,...PowerBook G4! This was my first Mac that had a US-keyboard, and from this, I continued to buy a US-Keyboard Mac. The design was not thrown away, and it was more beautiful and neater than the Japanese keyboards, where a lot of useless Japanese Hiragana were printed.

PowerBook G4 1.5 (2005?)
I bought this because... I wanted to release my stress. Well, I don't remember why I had to buy this. Maybe because it was needed for me to do video editing.

MacBook 13 White
This was my first intel PC. I bought this almost for free, because the selling price in the second hand market for PBG4 was almost the same as MacBook. Around this time, I was not required to do video editing for the company so I didn't have to continue to use PowerBook G4. I was also interested in intel-Macs, as well.

MacBook Pro 13 Intel Core 2 Duo
I don't remember this Mac so clearly, but I bought the Mac twice if I am not wrong. Around this time, Mac is no more my hobby, and it became just a tool to do something.

And...

MacBook 15 Retina!!!
This is my 8th Mac in life! Enjoy a new Mac life!

FYI.
I bought other macs for my wife and my family.
For my wife, I bought;
iBook G3 800
MacBook 13
MacBook Pro 13
MacBook Air

For my mother, I bought;
iBook G3 Indigo
iBook G3 14
MacBook 13
MacBook Pro 13




No comments:

Post a Comment