Sunday 24 February 2013

A One-Year m43 History before Returning to Nikon.



So, I took a long note about a dark era with GX1.

My Dark Life Started with Panasonic GX1...
Two years ago, I was struggling with the weight of Nikon D40 with AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G. It was about 650g+. I had to carry my two heavy babies together with D40, so I was totally tired out. Finally I screamed, "The lighter, the better. There are two cameras in the world; one is pocketable, and the other is not." Eventually, I sold away all of the nikon lenses, and went to the m43 system.

Until selling away, I had used:
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
Ai AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D
Ai AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Anyway, I sold away everything.

Panasonic GX1 was a good camera. I had to concede it. It was much lighter and had good ISO sensitivity. Yet, the image quality is honestly something different from what I expected maybe because it was the m43 system. I could not get the shallow depth of field.

A few days after I bought GX1, I went to a camera shop to purchase LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm/F1.4, and I barely got a good bokeh. It became my can-be-acceptable combination with GX1.

But still I had a problem; GX1 had no finder. How can I enjoy photography without looking into the finder and capture every single moment of my life. I bought LVF-2, which is an external electronic view finder, but it didn't meet me. GX1 was designed without any finder, so even though I attached it, it was not so convenient or fun.

What was worse, I was not happy with all of the result with GX1 because the image quality was not what I wanted. They boasted of the quality but I didn't like it somehow. I couldn't help feeling my photography life was very dull.

I used the following lenses but none of them made me happy.

LUMIX G 14mm/F2.5 ASPH.
LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm/F1.4 ASPH.
LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.5-5.6 ASPH./Power O.I.S.

One day in February 2013, I made up my mind to go back to the Nikon system and regain the happy photography life! I started to go to the market research.


No comments:

Post a Comment